27 August 2010
the forthcoming amateur radio examination, to be held on 15th September 2010,
at the Dept. of Electronic Communications of the Ministry of Communications and
Works, the Cyprus Amateur Radio Society has requested that the examination be
carried out as a multiple choice type of paper rather than the open-ended type
of paper that has been used so far.
In continuation to this proposition, CARS has additionally sent a proposed set of questions which could be used by the ministry in setting up the paper. CARS stresses that the pool of questions sent is only a proposal. It is up to the discretion of the Dept. of Electronic Communications if it will elect to use these questions. As such, CARS urges all those who plan to take the forthcoming amateur radio examination, to study the proposed questions and answers as there is a chance that they may be used by the ministry.
All interested parties may contact the CARS Secretary for any additional queries. May we take this opportunity to wish all the applicants for the examination the very best of luck.
7 September 2010
will find attached instructions from the Dept. of Electronic Communications
regarding the examination. The instructions are translated below:
1. The examination will take place on Wednesday 15 September 2010, at 15:30 until 17:30 for the acquisition of a Radio Amateur permit, at the Department of Electronic Communications of the Ministry of Communications and Work, 286 Strovolos Avenue, 2048 Strovolos, Nicosia.
2. The examinations will last for 2 hours (15:30 – 17:30).
3. Applicants are required to be at the examinations room on time (by 15:00 the latest) in order for them to receive detailed instructions regarding the examination.
4. Applicants are required to have with them their identity card/passport/etc.
5. The applicants will have the option of taking the examination either in English or in Greek.
6. The examination will comprise of 60 questions. All questions are of type multiple-choice answers an all have the same weighting.
7. To succeed in the examination one is required to achieve a result equal or grater than 50% of the maximum result.
8. The use of a personal calculator is permitted.
9. Applicants are not allow to bring with them any notes that have to do with the examination.
10. Together with the examination paper, applicants will receive a copy of the «Amateur Radio license document" and a formula sheet, which the applicants may use to answer any of the questions.
11. Success in the examination means the issuing of an Amateur Radio Operator Certificate.